Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mile Marker

It would be very easy to get all caught up in the meta, self-centric aspects of this day, this one year after I finally got off my duff, out of my own inhibitions, over myself, and started writing on the internet (liked I’d been planning for over 6 years ohmyword I am so ridiculous even and especially to myself). So I will do my best to refrain. Except to say that I’m very glad I stopped looking at the level of the water and jumped in. I have a very bad habit of not doing things if I can’t do them perfectly, and since there is no perfectly with this business, it likely never should have happened. This aspect of my personality must drive my husband crazy (I say must, but actually I KNOW because it always comes back to that in some way, and it drives my crazy(ier) as well).

Every entry starts out with an intimidating blank page that I never think I can fill, and then I do, and then beyond, and then occasionally into the range of this is way too many words to devote to this subject. Still, I manage to hit the publish button and send my rambling out into the world. I’m never confident about it, just about the fact that I did it.

Sharing my insanity is a good way to keep it in check.

So I’ll mark the day – Marked – and get on with it.

Have a nice one yourself.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you say OHMYWORD. My best friend's mom always says that and I find it endlessly endearing. (You know me - I just say the WORD.)

    ReplyDelete