Monday, January 11, 2010

It's 5 O'clock Somewhere

Reasons why I may or may not be opening a bottle of wine in the daytime hours:

My bathroom sink, which is very slow to drain on a good day, has completely given up the ghost and refuses to allow even the tiniest drop of liquid down it. I tried plunging it (I know, weird, but I didn’t come up with the idea on my own), but only managed to bring up some lovely-smelling funk that made me run from the room in horror. And it stayed put. I then poured an entire bottle of Drano down it, and I swear, it laughed.

This here computer keeps sending me a message during boot up that a hard drive is bad and must be backed up and replaced. I cannot tell which hard drive it is.

I have lots of stuff on this here computer I’d like to back up to CD, but the burner only seems to want to operate as a physical storage device, as this here computer won’t acknowledge any disc I insert. This here computer also won’t acknowledge the travel drive I borrowed so I could move the data over to my kid’s computer. Uppity computer.

My DVD recorder keeps telling me that every single blank disc I feed it is copy protected. Brand new, blank discs.

Clearly, I am meant to eschew all forms of technology, dig a well in my backyard, and become Amish. And given the sad, sad content of this post, that's probably a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment