Thursday, January 14, 2010

Out of Hiding

So, I hear today is an official day to delurk out there in internet world. I, myself, am a champion lurker. I love love LOVE to read blogs and journals and diaries and whatever else the kids are calling them these days, and I admire each and every one of the writers for their talents, their creativity, their voices, and their courage. That’s what inspired me to want my own in the first place, and ultimately got me off my rump to finally start a year and a day ago (man, I really wish I could say 3, 4, 5 years ago, but I procrastinated just that much I am so sad). I do not feel I live up to any of my inspirations, but I will continue to try, because if I’ve learned anything, it’s that you have to put yourself out there to get anywhere.

I tend not to comment for the same reason it took me so very (very) long to start this blog/site/diary/whatever: I want what I say to be perfect, witty, and the best thing every written. Of course, that’s an impossible position to put myself in, and I end up in a cycle of lurking and wishing instead of doing what I just said above and put myself out there. In the spirit of the day, I have delurked a little bit (baby steps), and if you feel so inclined, please do the same. If you need a starting point (as I often do), please tell me about your favorite spot in the United States. I sure would appreciate it. Because as much as I am a wuss about leaving comments (something I promise to work on so I can let people know when they’re being awesome), I really like getting them

Go tell your favorite online writers what you think of them.

2 comments:

  1. No hesitation for us...you know it's Lake Tahoe..perfect spot for everything..amazing tribute to God's glory..full of fantastic family memories we made there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so the opposite, I leave my bits of wisdom sprinkled all over the internet! The other day my mom asked me for my opinion on something. I jokingly told her it would cost $10. She said she'd like to see me REFRAIN from giving my opinion and I had to suck it up and agree with her. I may not always be right or wise, but I sure have something to say about it (whatever IT may be!)

    So, my opinion is that I really enjoy reading your blog and your endearing ramblings. I remember you were talking about blogging before I even knew what one was! Even though you joke about not being a techie... you are ;)

    ReplyDelete