Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Super Hero

Today is my mom’s birthday. Won’t you all wish her a good one?

(No, I’m not trying to curry favor over here. On purpose. Mostly.)

My mom is busy. She never stops. She takes care of everyone. All. The. Time. She’s a pro. She can juggle my grandma’s doctor appointments and bridge parties with Dad’s golf schedule, and 5 grandchildren who simply want to pull every last thing out of every cabinet in her house. She can coordinate a week long vacation for 25 people (whose ages span 80 years) and make sure everyone gets to do what they want to do. I don’t know how she does it. I’m sure caffeine is a major component. I also suspect she practices some kind of sorcery.

I know I’m not the only one who would be lost without her (figuratively and literally – the woman is a human GPS). I also know we don’t let her know how much we appreciate her often enough. I, for one, am going to work on that.

Starting now. Thank you, Mom. For more than I can say. For teaching me how to be a wife, a cook, an organizer, a manager, a friend, and most especially a mother. For listening to my teenage angst, my early adulthood ideology, and my slightly later adulthood stress. For the good eye cream.

You’re my super hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment