Monday, November 30, 2009

How I Spent the Holiday Weekend

Watching the Macy’s Parade, mostly alone, except when Elmo or SpongeBob appeared.

Looking up You Tube videos of Santa at the parade for a tiny girl who completely lost it when this year’s parade went off the air.

Trying to find tiny pieces of the 60 year old family heirloom that said tiny girl flung across the room after having it in her clutches for about 90 seconds.

Helping my mom parcel out leftovers to go in 4 different directions (and having enough to do it – loaves and fishes, People!)

Doing the dishes even when I was expressly told to sit down and enjoy myself. (Points for me!)

4 words: Ring Around the Rosy.

Discussing the finer points of the Black Friday sales with my dad, even though I had no plans to actually buy anything.

Warily walking into Walmart at 3 PM on Black Friday to see pallet upon pallet of door busters still sitting in the aisles.

Making several gallons of spaghetti sauce to feed my family and the (male) gluttons that married into it.

Putting half of those gallons into the freezer for another time.

Venturing to 3 different stores for 3 different reasons and striking out every time.

Playing Shake It with my daughter, which entails her sitting on my lap, saying “Shake It!” while I, well, shake her. Giggling ensues.

Completely screwing up my kids’ schedules, guaranteeing that it will take a week before they sleep normally again.

Spending copious amounts of time with many family members.

Eating way, way too much. Duh.

Enjoying every minute.

1 comment:

  1. You forgot forcing me to buy 4 pairs of incredibly cute shoes :) Too bad we don't have the same size feet!

    ReplyDelete