Lather, rinse, repeat.
1. What did you do in 2021 that you’d never done before?
Got an mRNA vaccine.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness. But so many from this horrible virus.
5. What places did you visit?
Palo Duro Canyon, Texas. One night. Charleston, South Carolina, with vaccinated family.
6. What would you like to have in 2022 that you lacked in 2021?
Global immunity to and the eradication of the SARS-COV-2 virus. (Still, sigh.)
Fairness and compassion across the globe.
7. What dates from 2021 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 4, when we had to take the dog on a car trip because she bit the pet sitter. March 31, getting my COVID vaccine alongside my son. August 8, aforementioned son completing his Eagle Scout. November 12, my baby girl starring in her play and stealing the show.
January 6. Hmph.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting everyone in the house vaccinated.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I do not have enough bandwidth to list them all.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Thankfully, no. Let's do that again.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Meh. The new mattress started sagging immediately and had to be replaced through an incredibly PITA process, so not that. The AC going out in July and costing massive dollars wasn't a choice, and super irritating. I'll say paying the fee for Sammy's driver's license, because it sure is nice not to have to run his places all the time.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Everyone who got vaccinated. (A theme? Yes, a theme.)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Those who could but did not get vaccinated. Every last one of them. Both those proud of their stand and those who hide it.
As previously stated, basically anyone who clings to arbitrary lines drawn in the sand for no other reason that they were on one side of the line when it was drawn.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Evergreen: Day to day stuff. Amazon Prime. Taxes.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Vaccines. Kids with smiles. Seeing my kids being joyful.
16. What song will always remind you of 2021?
I haven't listened to whatever was current in music maybe ever. Memories by Maroon 5 makes me think of my best friend.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Both. Neither. Ugh.
b) thinner or fatter? Probably the same. Ish.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer. (See: new AC.)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Laugh. It always feels good and we can always use more.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2021?
Christmas Eve Mass, outside because I wasn't willing to go inside with the crowd and it was 80 degrees. Charcuterie for Christmas Eve dinner, which was significantly easier and got rave reviews. Egg nog. New PJs for the kids from the grandfolks (In N Out burger!). Santa.
For the first time EVER, I woke up first, which was still late at 7 AM for Christmas morning, and HAD TO WAIT for these teenage children to get up, get up, GET UP! There were new phones for 75% of us, and Woot BoCs of delight. Pigs in a blanket, but sadly, moldy donuts. Parents house for the great unwrapping. No one was sick and everyone smiled.
21. Did you fall in love in 2021?
Just more. That's good.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Probably Cobra Kai, because we watch that as a family.
23. What did you do for your birthday in 2021?
24. What was the best book you read?
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.
25. What did you want and get?
26. What did you want and not get?
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
Not a clue. No movie theaters for me yet. Probably something we watched with Disney +.
28. Did you make some new friends this year?
Not really. Come on, 2022. I need this.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
SEE QUESTION 26.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2021?
Everything is covered and no food stuck on.
31. What kept you sane?
Honestly, Animal Crossing.
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Nothing fancy here.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
I believe I've been clear on this so far.
34. Who did you miss?
My best friend. Everyone who's far away.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2021.
Take a breath first.
Post a Comment