Wait, where did 2022 go?
1. What did you do in 2022 that you’d never done before?
Watched my daughter as the lead in a play. Helped a child of mine apply to college. Lived in a house with hard flooring.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My (great) Aunt Betty. One of the best and will not be forgotten. Especially her chocolate chip cookies. Others not close-close, but once removed. My dad’s best friend. Chris’s best friend’s niece. Chris’s other best friend’s mother. Not great, Bob.
5. What places did you visit?
Walt Disneyworld, my happy place. Wisconsin for Betty’s funeral. In March. In a snowstorm.
6. What would you like to have in 2023 that you lacked in 2022?
Global immunity to and the eradication of the SARS-COV-2 virus. (Still, sigh.)
Fairness and compassion across the globe.
7. What dates from 2022 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 27, my baby girl moving on from middle school to high school. July something, finally getting the floors done. August 17, watching both my babies walk into the same high school. October 28, Sabrina’s Eurydice debut. November 13, submitting Sammy’s college applications. December 29, learning about Sammy’s first scholarship.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finally getting the living room painted and the floors replaced. Been on the house list for over a decade.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not going into this. Let’s just say how many times I’ve said I’m giving up ice cream vs. how many times I actually gave up ice cream.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Mom broke her hip in January on the same day Dad got COVID. Not a happy experience, but much better now.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Paint and floors.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My kids stepping up this year to be leaders even when they didn’t realize they were being leaders. Family members loving other family members even harder.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
As before: Those who could but did not get vaccinated. Every last one of them. Both those proud of their stand and those who hide it.
Also as before: Basically anyone who clings to arbitrary lines drawn in the sand for no other reason that they were on one side of the line when it was drawn.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Evergreen: Day to day stuff. Amazon Prime. Taxes.
Paint and floors. A theme.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Duh, paint and floors. The Guardians of the Galaxy ride at WDW. Sabrina’s play.
16. What song will always remind you of 2022?
Honest admission: I am no good at keeping up with music. No clue here.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Like Texas weather, wait a minute and it’ll change.
b) thinner or fatter? Probably the same. Ish.
c) richer or poorer? I think about the same? Probably a little poorer, but mostly same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Laughing. It always feels good and we can always use more.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying. Procrastinating. Feeling bad about myself.
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2022?
Christmas Eve Mass, listening to Fr. Henry play his harmonica. Charcuterie for Christmas Eve dinner, for the second time so now it’s tradition. New PJs for the kids from the grandfolks, which they say will be the last year, but I doubt it. Santa.
Children SET AM ALARM for 7 AM so they wouldn’t oversleep. They woke us at 7:02. Woot BoCs of delight. Pigs in a blanket, donuts, coffee. Parents house for the great unwrapping. Much eating and traditional merriment.
21. Did you fall in love in 2022?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
House of the Dragon.
23. What did you do for your birthday in 2022?
Had brunch with the folks. Dinner with the family. Rolled it right on by.
24. What was the best book you read?
I read things, but I don’t recall any of them. So I can’t pick a favorite. Finally got back into the Game of Thrones series and am finally making headway. They’re thick, so one a year seems a brisk pace for me.
25. What did you want and get?
Paint! And Floors!
26. What did you want and not get?
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
Still haven’t been to a theater. Caught up on many Marvel movies, though.
28. Did you make some new friends this year?
Nope, but I’m hoping for a turnaround.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
SEE QUESTION 26.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2022?
Jeans, leggings, capris, shorts. Pick your season. Yes, shirts as well.
31. What kept you sane?
Sanity is overrated.
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Not fancy, but I have a deep respect for President Zelensky.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Pandemic. Exclusion by means of supposedly upholding moral standards.
34. Who did you miss?
My aunt. My best friend. Everyone who's far away.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2022.Your work will bear fruit like a peach on an apple tree.
Post a Comment