Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Movin' and Groovin'

For 12 years, I have run 3 times a week.  But I'm not a natural runner.  Every step is earned.  I will never win a race.  I will never enter a race.  I keep at it because I need to do it, both for my physical health and my mental health.  It's what I do.

My children, however, have an innate talent for running.  They have long legs (where those came from I have no idea) and natural gaits and I can see how far they could go (figuratively and literally) if they choose to develop their abilities.  But they can't stand it.  Oh sure, Sammy doesn't mind running a mile in PE class every now and then, but the interest ends at the finish line.  Sabrina would prefer not to push off the starting line. 

I hope that one day this will change and they might pick up running, at least for enjoyment or health or stress management or whatever.  No pressure.  Just a little sweat.  I wouldn't mind a running buddy (as long as they don't leave their old mom in the dust).

No comments:

Post a Comment