Sunday, November 12, 2017

Bright Spot

Things haven't been super fantastic of late, especially in my own head, but you just keep plowing through, right?  I went to do the grocery shopping at Aldi this morning.  It's not really close to home, but I'm willing to make the trek for the savings.  I got all the way there and opened my change tray to get a quarter so I could pop out a cart.  I always have quarters in a special spot for just such an occasion.  But today, no quarters.  About 2 dollars missing.  So I called home to ask what happened to my quarters.  "I washed the car."  Okey dokey.

I dug through my purse, and after a good bit of sweaty wrestling with that beast, I did come up with a quarter, so I was able to head in for a good game of bumper carts.  My store just reopened after a remodel, which has brought out more shoppers, so the aisles almost require safety gear.  And I have no idea where anything is anymore, so I ended up doing a couple of circuits to make sure I got everything on my list (I still forgot napkins.)  I got to the check out, unloaded everything, picked up the paper towels and cans that tried to make a break for it, and finally made my way up to the cashier.  I try to pay attention in case anything rings up at the wrong price, but I wasn't completely focused today.  I did see the final price flash, and I went to pull out my credit card.  Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the cashier grab something out of his drawer, scan it, and put it back, super fast.  By the time I was ready to swipe, the total was a few dollars less.  "Did you just give me a coupon?" I asked.  "Sure did."

I thanked him for making my day.  And he really did.  It was a little thing, and he didn't have to do it, but he did.  I'm going to look for ways to pay that kindness forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment