Sunday, November 22, 2015

So We Begin

Today was our first Thanksgiving meal of the week, the parish picnic in my sister's community. A Thanksgiving appetizer, if you will.

My children are at the age where they actually eat the food (well, Sabrina eats and Sammy eats and then Sammy finishes whatever Sabrina leaves behind), which is a pleasant development. I lost track of how many desserts they ate before beelining to the bouncy house, good heavens.  I enjoyed perusing the live action auction items and wondering how drunk I'd have to be to bid hundreds of dollars on a jar of pickles (I kid you not). 

The sad thing was my sister's nephew had a bouncy house collision and probably broke his arm. Poor guy. I prescribe more pumpkin pie. It's medicinal.

OK, on to #2. Thursday, I'm coming for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment