Sunday, November 9, 2014

You Know You Want Some Cookies

After Sabrina's first daisy scout meeting this fall, her troop leaders (friends of mine) and I were chatting and they cautiously asked if I'd consider being cookie mom for this troop this year.  I believe my response - and this was completely instinctual as I didn't have time to think at all - was "Oh God, no!"  I am very professional.

But over the past 2 months, they've looked at me with puppy dog eyes, and I finally relented, remembering how I went door to door in my little uniform with my little sheet and turned in my orders and delivered boxes and that was it.  Surely I could do this.

Oh my lands.  I had to go to Cookie Mom Training (TM mine) today (plus I have to complete another training class online), and I think I've officially bitten off more than I can chew.  Did you know you don't order cookies to be delivered later anymore?  No, I have to figure out how many boxes we want to sell and what we take, we are stuck with.  Plus, there is all this accounting and pick up plans and receipts and sign up appointments and and and.  I haven even gotten to the part where we're supposed to set up cookie selling booths and can take credit cards.  To be crass but succinct: oh crap.

Did I mention we just finished our last 2 selling/fundraising adventures this past Monday?  My head is going to explode.

Good thing we're (me and these puppy dog eye ladies don't think I'm not onto you) meeting for coffee tomorrow to go through all this business.  On second thought, we ought to meet at a bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment