Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Things I'm Liking Lately

I'm sitting here, staring at a blank post window, feeling exactly that: blank.  It's been a rainy, relatively quiet day without a to do list a mile long (or at least one I can't really attack without a husband and 150 uninterrupted project hours), and I haven't been motivated to use my brain cells too strenuously.  It's been lovely.

So I suppose I can talk about some things I've been using lately, mostly (OK, all) in the realm of personal care. (Is there are better phrase for this?  Toiletries?  No.  Beauty product?  Ugh.)  Anyway, here's what's rocking my boat these days.

CND Vinylux Weekly Polish

Laura recommended this, and she is an expert at this sort of stuff, so I followed her lead.  This is a polish system comprised of 2 parts, the color and the weekly top coat, and it's supposed to last chip fee for 7 days.  I've never made it a chip free week per say, but it's definitely more chip resistant than just about any other brand of polish I've ever used.  I've even made it through hair washings, which usually chips the heck out of my manicure.  It dries really, really fast, too, so you're not waiting around not touching things forever.  The trick is shaking the color bottle A LOT.  Like a lot, then a lot more.  Or it will brush on thick and chunky.  Also, look on eBay or just Google to find it cheaper than the retail price.
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Nail-Design-Vinylux-Lacquer/dp/B00CNE2GOO/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1415227362&sr=1-1&keywords=vinylux

Giovanni Conditioning & Styling Hair Elixir

I found this in a clearance bin (I think because they changed the packaging) and decided to give it a shot.  It doesn't weigh my hair down, and greatly reduces the frizzies and flyaways I get with my kinky/wavy straightened within an inch of its life hair.  A little goes a long way.

Giovanni Wellness System Conditioning & Styling Hair Elixir (step 3) 4
Neocutis Lumiere Eye Cream

My dermatologist recommended this when I asked about my under eye area.  Now that recommendation could have been born from his selling the line through his practice, but I came home and bought it on Amazon instead.  I firmly believe it has smoothed out my under eye area significantly.  It's somewhat spendy, but you use a dot the size of a grain of rice (according to the dermatologist's PA), and my bottle lasted an entire year with daily use.

http://www.amazon.com/Neocutis-Lumiere-Bio-restorative-Cream-Anti-aging/dp/B003YBP0N4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1415227488&sr=8-3&keywords=neocutis+eye+cream

I've also started using the Peter Thomas Roth anti-wrinkle peel pads that are all the rage on Twitter, but I've only been at it a few times so I can't report on my mileage there.  I'm very hopeful though.

So now, your turn.  What have you been loving lately for your skin, hair and nails?  Or loving for any reason, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment