Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My 13 Things

Very soon I will be walking into a room full of talented, witty women who just so happen to write on the internet. I wasn’t sure if I was going to make it to The Blathering, but I am, and I’m both insanely excited and brain-freezingly terrified.

Since I registered late, I didn’t fill out the survey that might give the other attendees a clue about me, I’m going to do this little thing that’s going around today, and tell you 13 things about me. I apologize in advance.

  1. A long, long time ago, when blog were known as online journals, I decided to go to a gathering of internet writers even though I didn’t have a site of my own. I met several of the journal writers I read, and was a little star struck. In fact, I was so determined to meet AB Chao, I accosted her in the hotel lobby on the last day. I’m sure she has fond memories of her stalker from that day, and then remembers to extend that restraining order.
  2. Now I actually do have a site of my own (a long time in coming), and that actually makes me feel a little less nervous about going. But I know that are attendees who are avid readers and not writers, and I want to tell you that’s completely fine and I’m so glad you’re coming. I am your soul sister.
  3. I am quiet. I don’t want to be. I just need a little time to get warmed up. I promise I’m not being snobby, and that I’m actually just in awe of everyone else’s cool, suave, and wit. (Please talk to me!)
  4. I do not possess any cool, suave, or wit.
  5. This is my first weekend away without my husband or kids since I can remember. And I’ve been married almost 10 years, so that’s saying something.
  6. As such, I fully intend to drink, eat, and be merry. I may even make an entire meal out of dessert.
  7. I’ve spent far too much time watching the Food Network and therefore will be eating at as many food trucks as I can find.
  8. I drive a minivan. See number 4. But that means I have several extra seats, so if anyone needs a ride, I will be happy to chauffeur.
  9. I love to listen, and am happy to be a sounding board, confidant, or human tape recorder (oh dear, I just dated myself).
  10. I love to shop, but I am extremely frugal. I am a bargain hunter extraordinaire and will share my talents with anyone who wants to save a little money on anything.
  11. I am left handed. I’m not sure why that’s so fascinating to some people, but I am. My right hand is fairly useless.
  12. Television is my drug of choice. I watch more than is probably healthy, and will talk about all of it.
  13. My greatest hope is to foster lots of new friendships. This is such a unique opportunity to make the internet feel a little bit closer to home and widen the circle all at the same time, and I’m so happy to be a part of it.

1 comment:

  1. You met abchao? You have Jessica's and Heather's personal blogs on your blog roll (and Glark's, and Pamie's)? We might just be kindred spirits!

    I am MUCH more of a reader than a writer, so I completely understand. And I look forward to meeting you -- tomorrow!! SQUEE!!

    ReplyDelete