Very soon I will be walking into a room full of talented, witty women who just so happen to write on the internet. I wasn’t sure if I was going to make it to The Blathering, but I am, and I’m both insanely excited and brain-freezingly terrified.
Since I registered late, I didn’t fill out the survey that might give the other attendees a clue about me, I’m going to do this little thing that’s going around today, and tell you 13 things about me. I apologize in advance.
- A long, long time ago, when blog were known as online journals, I decided to go to a gathering of internet writers even though I didn’t have a site of my own. I met several of the journal writers I read, and was a little star struck. In fact, I was so determined to meet AB Chao, I accosted her in the hotel lobby on the last day. I’m sure she has fond memories of her stalker from that day, and then remembers to extend that restraining order.
- Now I actually do have a site of my own (a long time in coming), and that actually makes me feel a little less nervous about going. But I know that are attendees who are avid readers and not writers, and I want to tell you that’s completely fine and I’m so glad you’re coming. I am your soul sister.
- I am quiet. I don’t want to be. I just need a little time to get warmed up. I promise I’m not being snobby, and that I’m actually just in awe of everyone else’s cool, suave, and wit. (Please talk to me!)
- I do not possess any cool, suave, or wit.
- This is my first weekend away without my husband or kids since I can remember. And I’ve been married almost 10 years, so that’s saying something.
- As such, I fully intend to drink, eat, and be merry. I may even make an entire meal out of dessert.
- I’ve spent far too much time watching the Food Network and therefore will be eating at as many food trucks as I can find.
- I drive a minivan. See number 4. But that means I have several extra seats, so if anyone needs a ride, I will be happy to chauffeur.
- I love to listen, and am happy to be a sounding board, confidant, or human tape recorder (oh dear, I just dated myself).
- I love to shop, but I am extremely frugal. I am a bargain hunter extraordinaire and will share my talents with anyone who wants to save a little money on anything.
- I am left handed. I’m not sure why that’s so fascinating to some people, but I am. My right hand is fairly useless.
- Television is my drug of choice. I watch more than is probably healthy, and will talk about all of it.
- My greatest hope is to foster lots of new friendships. This is such a unique opportunity to make the internet feel a little bit closer to home and widen the circle all at the same time, and I’m so happy to be a part of it.