Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wherein I Chronicle My Weirdness

The new year is all about resolutions, but I think it’s just as god a time for some admissions. At the risk of sounding completely insane, or perhaps quirky in an I’m-just-going-to-take-a-few-steps-back way, here goes.

I cannot make myself open a can of biscuits or crescent rolls. I am absolutely brought to my knees at the thought of that cylinder exploding open with doughy ammunition. So I always make the Hub do it. And I leave the room. Same goes for lighting the gas grill and the whoosh of the start-up flame.

Ever since my sister gave me a pedometer as a gift, I’ve been obsessed with getting my 10,000 steps a day. So if you see me marching in place waiting for my gas tank to fill or doing laps around the produce department, you’ll know why.

Cinnamon candles or cinnamon-scented things make me all itchy and crazy. However, I love cinnamon and cinnamon-flavored goodies, and can spend an hour sniffing the heavenliness of Cinnabon.

I have no sense of direction. It’s not a trip with me until we’ve made 2 3-point turns.

I am left-handed, left-footed, left-eyed, and left-eyed. Apparently, there ain’t anything right about me.

When I thought up this post, I had a bunch of other examples, but of course, my Swiss cheesy brain won’t cough them up right now. So stay tuned for a part 2 sometime in the future. Although, maybe that’s quite enough peculiarity for me to highlight. I’d rather you not send the men with the nets to me front door just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment