Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Sad Defense and a Quick Distraction

Well, that was quite the little break, wasn’t it? And really, I have no excuses because I haven’t been on safari, I’m not taking 21 credit hours at school, and I’m not building a new house with my own hands. I’ve merely been running errands and making doctor appointments all around town, supervising (OK, helicoptering) over a kindergartner trying to learn to read and write, and dealing will the general maintenance of owning a home that’s several decades old. Nothing too out of the ordinary. Although, ordinary seems to be time consuming, to the point that when things finally stop, all I want is a brownie and my DVR.

We’re going through a whiny phase, the kind in which both participants seem to feed off each other and amplify the whining in an effort to make my ears bleed. You know, the usual. But if you see 2 charming little moppets listed on eBay, it won’t be a surprise.

On another note completely unrelated to children and their endeavors to send parents to a padded cell, do you remember those magic eye pictures that were so popular back in the day? (I won’t say which day, in deference and solidarity with the other aged decrepit out there like myself.) Like this –

Can you see… whatever it is you’re supposed to see? Because I can’t. Never. Not once. Even after a shot of Jagermeister. I’ve been looking at these things for YEARS. And it drives me crazy. So, tell me, what do you see in these things?

4 comments:

  1. I can never see anything in those magic eye things either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never could either. But after a few times I quit trying. They just hurt my eyes.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I just love, love, love the new blog. I must say your graphic designer is just awesome. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a shark! You just look at them really intensely and then cross your eyes. It's fuzzy then comes into focus. It's so fun when they work!

    Thanks Seren Dippity (mom!), I just happen to be that awesome graphic designer of which you speak of!

    ReplyDelete