Wednesday, March 18, 2009

No Resting

Yesterday, after I finished my daily torture with the 30 Day Shred, I decided to take a look at what other Jillian beating my on demand service offered (they’re down to only level 2 of 30DS, which is another story altogether and one that is decidedly crabby on my part). I’d read that she had some new workouts coming out on video, and lo and behold, there they were. So I hit play on No More Trouble Zones.

For reference, this is the one with the cover where Jillian is pointing at you, all “I know what you’re thinking, and why yes, I am a badass.”


The other new one is Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism, and the cover doesn’t even look like Jillian. I’m not sure I can work out with this creepy teen magazine cover girl (with, I’m sorry, what looks like an incredibly weak jab toward my elbow).


Anyway, this one is an hour long, so I knew I would have time right then to get through it all, but I thought it might be fun to see what I could look forward to. Oh my God. If Jillian wants me to feel like I’m going to die in 30 Day Shred, here she’s actually trying to kill me. It’s a 60 minute version of the Shred. Yes, the Shred of which 20 minutes has me sweating like a linebacker and grunting for breath on the floor, even after 4 months.

I’ve only made it through the first half. It’s basically circuit training in 4-5 moves bursts every 5 minutes. A lot of the moves are reminiscent of 30DS, as are many of her comments, but she speaks the truth, so I really can’t fault her there. I did something called the Surrender, and at that point, I totally would have. I am terrified of what the rest of the workout brings.

Perhaps over the next few days, I can finish the whole workout, in bits and pieces at least. I’m trying to get a few circuits in between kid requests in addition to 30DS and some other cardio. It looks like it can really help tone and tighten specific targeted areas. I mean, it’s Jillian. She doesn’t play around. She makes people work so hard they vomit on national television. I do not want to cross her.
Update: Now I remember! Jillian looks like Erin Gray on that Banish Fat cover. Nope, I don't want to work out with anyone from Silver Spoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment