Thursday, February 26, 2009

Gratis

Well, just as I predicted, I don't have anything terribly interesting to say today. Sabrina and I are waiting for Sammy to come home from preschool in just a little while (hopefully on the big bus, so he can stop worrying about it being in the service garage, horrors!), and then we’re off to a restaurant that just opened to get some lunch. I have a coupon for a free hamburger.

The following statement will be a surprise to exactly no one who knows me in real life: I love free stuff. It seriously makes my day to open up the mail or the newspaper and find a coupon for something free. Doesn’t really matter what it is, but bonus points if it’s something I already use or want to try. Double bonus points if it doesn’t require a tandem purchase (buy one, get one free is nice, but free-free is the best). I will definitely take advantage of the offer.

This past Tuesday, a former colleague e-mailed me that IHOP was giving away free pancakes all day. It was already past noon, so the only option would be pancakes for dinner. I’m not a big fan of mixing up meals, so this wasn’t the most appealing option. Then I began to imagine the crowds (of people like me, natch) and the wait time with two sure to be cranky kids, and I reluctantly decided to let it pass. But it kills me to do it, and I’m second guessing my decision still.

So I’m off to get my burger (with purchase of fries and a drink, no bonus for you) to redeem the week. Plus, I’m waiting for my free Quiznos coupon to hit my inbox any day. If you hear of any good free stuff, please let me know. I’ll send you your points.

No comments:

Post a Comment