Thursday, November 13, 2014

Tit for Tat

Sammy has been working through a special scout project, and today, he got to a part asking him to consider what he's going at doing.  Eating isn't exactly the best response for this question, so I gently guided him to think about things he likes to do.  Basketball?  Well, yes, but it's 35 degrees outside and none of us want to go outside to watch you demonstrate.  Karate?  Ah yes, that's what I was hoping you'd say.

So Sammy took Sabrina and me in the living room and proceeded to teach us karate moves like a freaking pro.  I never would have suspected he could explain and demonstrate so well, but he totally can.  This kid is full of hidden talents.

Sabrina then returned the favor by teaching us one of her cheers, which Sammy did with gusto despite the line declaring us all girls from the USA.  After we stopped giggling, the two of them ran off to teach each other how to draw.

What a neat little moment, watching my kids show each other things they love.  They probably won't remember it, but I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment