Saturday, November 30, 2013

I Did It

I'm totally stealing that title from Temerity Jane.

Whew.  Thanksgiving 2 is in the books.  It went rather well, with sincere compliments on my turkey from my perennially teasing brother in law and no one getting food poisoning (that I know of, fingers crossed).  There was an incident of some plastic wrap making its way into my oven, but I caught it before it caught fire and I was able to restore the oven to proper operating condition.  And my sister in law found it necessary - again - to bring marshmallow shooters with which the children covered my backyard - and their shoes - in a sticky mess.  But this year, they cleaned it up, so win. 

No one actually tracked marshmallow goo across my carpet.  This is a miracle.

Now, the kitchen is clean, the leftovers (copious amounts, so please come over and eat - we have more than just turkey and mashed potatoes I swear) are neatly packed into the fridge and freezer, and the carpets have been vacuumed (maybe I'm a tad obsessive, but I just had them cleaned for the first time in [redacted] years because I am cheap).  The house is decorated for Christmas (save the kids' tree, which we'll put up... sometime), so a big chunk of my early December work is done.  And today is the last day of November, which means I made it through a whole month of blog posts.  I really didn't think it would happen this year.

Time to turn the calendar.  Time to finish the shopping, mail the cards, and get festive.  And time to get that darned elf out from under my bed so he can bring some stinkin' delight to my kids.  I'm excited.  Let's go.

No comments:

Post a Comment