Friday, November 9, 2012

Things That Happened Today



I really don’t have much of anything today.  This morning, I went to a sample sale, and it’s a good thing I had a time limit, because I would’ve spent an obscene amount of money (or rather, more obscene that I already spent).  Even now, I’m thinking about some of the jewelry I saw and wondering if maybe there’s a chance I can get back to the sale before it’s over Sunday.  It’s a disease.

Sammy’s school had grandparents’ day, so his grandparents came to eat lunch with him.  He ADORED having them there, and showing them off to all his friends.  Day: MADE.

Sabrina went on a playdate with her harem of boys (yes, she has one), and the house was blissfully quiet for awhile this afternoon.  Even with Sammy here.  What was he doing, you ask? He was on an educational website, doing work he didn’t get to at school today.  In essence, voluntarily doing homework.  That he wasn’t assigned.  At his request.  All hail the miracle of today!

But the best moment was when Sammy came over to me and said, “Mommy, I just want to be with you.  Can we sit on the couch together?”  And we did.  He’s not too old for that, and I am so grateful.

And that’s about it.  Perhaps tomorrow, I’ll be less disjointed. (Eh, who am I kidding?  It’ll probably be worse.)

No comments:

Post a Comment