Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Moment Before Crazy

The turkey is in the oven, and I have a couple of minutes to breathe before I have to baste again.

Sounds like I’m saying this 2 days too late? Well, yes. And no. I did help my mom do this 2 days ago, and now it’s my turn to do it for Chris’s family. There are a lot of people to coordinate there, and, to put it delicately, people coordination is the strong suit of none of them. So if I want to have the happy holiday I want, I decided I’d have them come over here. This way everybody is happy, including me, because I love Thanksgiving, and I think it gets the short end of the stick between Halloween and Christmas, so this stretches things out a little bit. Also, I don’t have to host Christmas.

And speaking of Christmas, part of the marathon preparation yesterday included putting up the lights outside and trimming the tree. I know I just said I like to give Thanksgiving its due, but I had a husband with a day off and he was willing to do it, so we got it done. There are all sorts of holiday decorations going on in here, so maybe it’s Chrisgiving?

After all that work yesterday, once the kids were in bed (not asleep, oh no, they were super wired), I felt I earned this:

That would be Cupcake Winery’s Red Velvet wine, which I picked up upon the recommendation of Kate and several other lovely ladies of The Blathering. I miss you and you have great taste.

OK, enough for now. That turkey isn’t going to baste itself (well, if would if I’d bought a Butterball, but I didn’t, so). Have a great rest of the weekend giving thanks, getting ready, and everything in between.

1 comment: