Friday, August 6, 2010

Party Time

What does this family do to have some raging fun on a Friday night? Well, it’s too late to schedule a sky dive, too far to drive out and tip cows, and we live in a dry area, so bar hopping is out. I know, let’s go to Sam’s and make dinner out of free samples! Yeah, that’s right up my alley.

Feel free to look up pitiable in the dictionary. I’m sure you’ll find a lovely pencil sketch of the bunch of us.

While I’m confessing less than cool aspects about myself (seriously, this was my idea, and everyone else fell in line at the thought of free cookies), I’ll also mention that the entire time I was there I was mentally calculating unit costs on every item I even remotely considered. And compare them to prices at the other stores around town. Yes, I can recall the vast majority of these figures off the top of my head, as well as the name of the kid from my 3rd grade class who broke his collarbone playing pickup football. I’m pretty sure if I could free up those brain cells, I might be able to find a cure for… something. See, those brain cells just aren’t ready to be useful.

And so that’s how we kick off the weekend around here. Can’t you just imagine what the next 48 hours hold? (Hint: napping would be a good guess.)

No comments:

Post a Comment