Friday, March 6, 2009

Venn Diagram

Between going to the dentist this morning and heading out to my friend’s wedding shower tonight (not to mention 2 loads of laundry waiting to be addressed or no one will have underwear), I haven’t got a lot of time to write today. However, a promise is a promise, even if only to myself and even if this has very little substantive quality (ooo, let me distract you with big words).

Yesterday, I spent way too many of those words talking about my Stockholm syndrome with one Jillian Michaels. I’m empowered by her beatings. Actually, she’s not nearly as mean (at least on the DVDs) as the media (and she, probably) would like you to think, but she does push. I think a lot of us need that extra push to keep going, whether we admit it or not.

My sister sent me a link to an interview with Ms. Michaels, and reading it was one of those moments when life folds in on itself a little bit. She calls out by name and endorses Leslie Sansone and her walking videos. Another big part of my fitness training is Leslie’s programs, thanks to that self same sister, who is a long time devotee of walking to fitness. She is my real life inspiration to health and fitness, so I am happy to give anything she recommends a try.

Here is a link to the interview: http://www.americanfitness.com/101.amf. Jillian does reference her 30 Day Shred jargon all through the article, which made me giggle after listening to it for so long. But it’s the truth. But it makes me feel like I’m doing something right to keep myself healthy for my family and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment