Thursday, February 19, 2009

Weirdness

Randomness seems to be the governing principle in my life, at least over the past 24 hours. So many strange things (relatively, we’re not talking birds carrying $20 bills landing on the hood of my car) have happened that I can’t quite concentrate on anything, waiting for the next oddity to show up. A small taste:

  • My 10-month old daughter managed to break a metal towel rack.
  • The microwave decided to stop heating food, but continues to run the clock, timer, vent, and lights.
  • My aunt called to talk for an hour, even though I didn’t know she had my number (no ill will there, but she’s never been so chatty with me before).
  • My son, after losing a toy as penalty for some ill-advised behavior, tried to take away even more toys from himself in retribution (sure, the video game wasn’t enough of a punishment for you? Let’s take the trains as well, thankyouverymuch.).
  • Aforementioned daughter screamed bloody murder at 5 AM (I’m pretty sure the neighbors got an early start this morning because of her) and then PUT HERSELF BACK TO SLEEP. This – is unheard of.

See? Nothing too bizarre, but everything’s just a bit off. And as such, I can’t possibly accomplish anything like cleaning the house. I’d better just stay right here and keep watch. Somebody bring me some popcorn.

Not that I want any of this stuff to repeat itself. Well, except that last one, minus the horror movie vocal theatrics.

Biggest lesson: WD-40 removes crayon from stained wood. That's your randomness for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment